Tweet directly from the button below (or copy/paste the following text into your Twitter account).
- In the US, 4M+ youth are disconnected from school & work. These #OpportunityYouth are disproportionately Black, Native, Latinx & rural, an inequity deepened by COVID. Creating the healthiest nation = creating opportunities for & reconnecting all youth: opportunityyouthagenda.org
- 4M+ youth are disconnected from school &/or the workforce, esp. BIPOC & rural youth. Disconnect from either = profound health impacts, but there are many cross-sector federal policy options to address youth disconnection as a #PublicHealth concern: opportunityyouthagenda.org
- Preventing youth disconnection and reengaging #OpportunityYouth will help build healthier, more equitable and thriving communities. This #OYAgenda serves as a roadmap for #PublicHealth to play a meaningful role in supporting youth and advancing health equity:opportunityyouthagenda.org
Post directly to Facebook from the button below (or copy/paste any the following text into your Facebook account).
- The Bloomberg American Health Initiative at @JohnsHopkinsSPH and @AmericanPublicHealthAssociation – in partnership with subject matter experts and organizations with expertise in issues related to equity and youth – have developed “Reconnecting Opportunity Youth: A Public Health Priority,” a new federal policy agenda to create and expand opportunities and support systems for the more than four million youth ages 16 to 24 who are disconnected from school and work. Learn more about the cross-sector federal policy options to address youth disconnection as a #PublicHealth concern: opportunityyouthagenda.org
- “Reconnecting Opportunity Youth: A Public Health Priority,” is a new policy agenda that provides a roadmap to supporting youth disconnected from education and employment opportunities. Developed by faculty from the @JohnsHopkinsSPH, experts at the @AmericanPublicHealthAssociation and a coalition of national organizations that advocate for young people, these policies can help young people connect to education & employment and prevent disconnection. Learn more about the cross-sector federal policy options to address youth disconnection as a #PublicHealth concern: opportunityyouthagenda.org
- New policy agenda presents cross-sector federal policy recommendations that address youth disconnection to education and employment opportunities, as well as the upstream determinants to disconnection. These recommendations highlight the #PublicHealth imperative to keep youth in school, create stronger college/career pathways & better supports. Learn more about the factors behind disconnection & federal policy pathways to better support the 4M+ Opportunity Youth in the US: opportunityyouthagenda.org